Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Break is Over

So, the holidays are finally over with and they were good. I was nice to see my brother during Christmas and my best friend and it was good to just lounge around a lot. I was extremely relaxed and it just felt good to be with family and friends. I requested for a sleeping bag and a tent for Christmas, I got them! So now I plan on doing a lot of camping. I ended up going to New York for New Years and that was exciting. Coney Island was covered in snow, which actually made it look like a peaceful place. I went to Coney Island years ago for a music festival and I definitely remember it looking like a crappy carnival. So to be able to see it look like a white sheet was thrown on top, was extraordinary. When I was in New York, I got to go to a couple of eclectic places to eat and I went ice skating in Central Park. All in all it was a good mini vacation with a good group of people. Now the holidays are finally over and I return to school on Tuesday. I have 5 more classes and I have to do an internship in the fall and I will finally be done! It has taken me a while to finish, but it will be worth the wait. I will probably pick to do an internship with the city of Virginia Beach as a social worker. After my internship I have come up with a few options. Option #1- The Peace Corp, Option #2-Applying to grad school and staying here until I am finished, Option #3- Sending out my resume all over the United States and see what kind of job I can land. I am really planning on option 1, I feel like it would be such an eye opener for me and it's something I am going to school for anyways. Hopefully it works out! I hoping to do a little bit of traveling before I graduate. The plan is Puerto Rico in February and Istanbul, Turkey for my spring break. I have my fingers crossed! Also this year, I get 2 new nieces or nephews. My sister is due in June and my brother and his wife are due 3 weeks behind Julie. This will be an exciting year and I am so happy it has begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment